Summer in Denver is arguably the best time of year, for both locals and visitors. You’ve got the scenic landscapes, vibrant culture, and exciting events- the Mile High City truly has something for everyone. Whether you're exploring the outdoors with your favorite pup, checking out which concert is at what venue, indulging in delicious food truck eats, or immersing yourself in the artistic mood of the city, we’ve got you covered. This is your ultimate guide to making the most of your summer in Denver!
1. Red Rocks Amphitheatre: This will always be #1 on this list. No Denver summer is complete without catching a concert at the iconic Red Rocks Amphitheatre. With the variety of genres that take the stage, mesmerizing light shows, the amphitheater's natural acoustics and stunning views of the city create an unforgettable musical experience. Check the schedule and secure your spot at one of the concerts (or film or yoga!) events held throughout the season. Seriously, if there’s a concert you want to go to, snag those tix quick!
2. Dog Day at Chatfield State Park: Show your best friend (your dog, of course) that you love them by taking them to Cherry Creek State Park. The park offers miles of trails where you and your dog can hike, walk, or run (if that’s your thing). Cherry Creek also has a designated off-leash area, allowing your pup to socialize and play with other dogs. Hooray! Always remember to bring poop bags, poop fairies do not exist.
3. Civic Center Eats Food Truck Event: Every Tuesday and Thursday from May to October, Civic Center Park hosts Civic Center Eats, a badass food truck event. Explore an array of mouthwatering bites from various food trucks where you can expect to find gourmet tacos, wood-fired pizzas, ice cream, and so much more. Bring your appetite!
4. Concerts in the Park: In Denver, the parks come alive during the summer with free concerts and music festivals. Pack a picnic, bring a cozy blanket, and enjoy live music under the stars with your canine companion by your side. Best places to checkout? Levitt Pavillion and City Park.
5. Breweries and Rooftop Bars: Denver's craft beer scene is second to none, and summer is the perfect time to sample some local brews with your favorite crew. Some of the best breweries to visit include New Terrain Brewing Company, New Belgium Brewing Company, and Joyride Brewing Company. Afterward, head to Linger's rooftop bar or Avanti Food & Beverage rooftop space for breathtaking views of the city. Can’t go wrong!
6. Sports Fans: Denver residents are passionate about sports (well, as long as drinking is involved), and summer brings plenty of opportunities to cheer on the local teams. Catch a Colorado Rockies baseball game at Coors Field (head up to the rooftop before first pitch for $3 beers) or support the Denver Nuggets during basketball season. Gotta stay in the game until football and hockey starts back up!
7. Historic Experience at Union Station: Step back in time with a visit to Denver's historic Union Station. This beautifully restored train station offers a glimpse into the city's past while providing a modern hub with restaurants, bars, and shops. Grab a cup of coffee, people-watch in the bustling Great Hall, and learn about Denver's rich history. Seriously, I used to people watch here a lot when, can’t go wrong and it's the hub of the city, so it’s not a bad place to end up and head any direction after.
8. First Friday Art Walks: Denver has a thriving art scene and one of the best ways to experience it is by joining the First Friday Art Walks in the RiNo (River North) Arts District or Santa Fe Arts District. On the first Friday of each month, galleries, studios, and shops open their doors to showcase the work of local artists. Explore captivating exhibitions, meet artists, and perhaps discover the perfect piece of art to take home. Bonus, RiNo has some pretty freaking badass murals along the alleyways that are a must-see.
Denver offers so many different activities that can almost satisfy almost any interest and passion. From frolicking with your dog at the many dog parks to attending unforgettable concerts at Red Rocks, indulging in mouthwatering food truck delights, immersing yourself in art, and sipping craft beer at local breweries, there's something for everyone to enjoy in the Mile High City. So, make the most of this exciting season and create unforgettable memories right here in Denver!